Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Lyla's Blessing Day

Smith Family 2009


This last Sunday, we had Lyla blessed in church. It was such a great day full of family. Sean gave Lyla a beautiful blessing. It was especially nice for me because Sean got up and bore his testimony which I don't get to hear all too often. I also went and bore my testimony because my family was all present so I was able to tell them how I feel about the gospel and them raising me in the church. I feel blessed to be able to have the truth and even though there were times I didn't appriciate it, I sure am glad that I had it so I can teach it to my kids. We also had close friends and family to join us after church to celebrate. I love my friends and family. I love living here. I don't think I ever want to move from here. I have truly found my home and it makes me feel good knowing that.
I am so glad that we have Lyla. She is truly a wonderful addition to our family. She is so precious and I feel like all those months of pregnancy was worth every second I spend with her. She is starting to smile alot now. My favorite time is in the morning. I wake up to her adorable smile looking up at me from her bassinet. She is so mellow that it reminds me of having Elijah again as a baby. I can't believe she is already 6 weeks old. Time is flying.



Grandpa Willard. How we love our Grandpa.



The crazy scene at our house. We fit 44 people in our house. The most we have ever had in our house at one time. It was a blast.

5 comments:

Deanna Smith said...

What a beautiful blessing day!! You guys have a great looking family...and I love Julianna's princess dress in the family photo!!

Lindsay said...

You all look so beautiful! Especially you. I wish I could have been there. It sounded like a blast—A blessing day BLAST!

Amy Beatty said...

I love that family photo. Kim you look amazing!! I wish I could have been there soooo bad. I want to hold that bundle. Your mornings with her sound like a dream. You guys are such a loving family, and I feel so blessed that you are part of my family. Love you guys xoxo

The Fishers said...

I'm so glad to hear you are doing well and the blessing was so enjoyable. I am hoping you are going to be around Friday, because I have been a slacker friend and I have yet to see you two, and I want to come this Friday. I'll call you soon.

erin said...

I'm so sad I missed it! Congrats! She sure is a doll! I can't believe she's already 6 weeks old!!!
Thanks for the message, I used gripe water with Bri and had been trying to find some here....Chad is off to Walgreens at this very moment to get some! Thankfully she's much happier and sleeping better despite all the air bubbles she gets!!!