Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Beach Fun!

Oh, how I love the beach! We decided to go to South Lake Tahoe for some fun. It was a perfect day for it. First it was Elijah's birthday and then Memorial Day, so we were together as a family. The weather was so perfect. The mountains surrounded us as we sat and basked in the sun. Yes, we did get burnt, but it was worth it. We played in the sand until a huge rain cloud chased us out literally. The kids went in crash down mode, complaining of the sand that they were rolling in all day. They were so exhausted that they passed out the minute the seat belts clicked. It was so great to relax and enjoy my family. Pope Beach might be my new hangout for the summer.


Birthday Boy! Doing his birthday the beach way!

This was in the first 5 minutes we were there, he was sporting this shiner. Just dirt.


Lyla's first Beach Encounter! She was chillin the whole day through!





It was fun to see Julianna lounge on the sand. She looked like a beached whale as I saw her in the distance lying completely still by the water. I thought she was washed up on shore. I was glad when she moved.


Sand Castle Madness. Father - Daughter Bonding




My partner in sun worshipping, Beth!

My two Heads! Buried alive with only their heads to show off.



Tuckered out! A Fun Day in the Sun!

2 comments:

kristin said...

I love the beach too! Pope Beach huh? I'll have to keep that in mind. Love it when the kids practically pass out in the car! You know your job as a parent has been well done.
Love your suit by the way- super cute!!

Amy Beatty said...

I love the beached whale, I'm glad whe moved too. Nothings better when the whole family is happy hanging out.