Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Breast No More!

It has been two months and Lyla is now weened off the breast. I am a little surprised to say the least. I don't know how to feel about it. It has been a little hard to sit still with the life I have. I work 2 to 3 days a week and Lyla has been bottlefed since she was 2 weeks old. So, I think she has picked up the bottle a little too well. I liked having the flexibility, but now that the option is out the window, it does leave me feeling a little sad. I thought I would breastfeed for the whole year, but now who knows how long I will pump for. I have a great pump, so I am hoping I can at least give her my milk for the whole year. I have been giving her formula once at night, but I feel very strongly if I have the milk, she will be drinking that. It is a weird feeling. But, I feel the freedom, which in my life, I kinda need. So, so long breastfeeding.

4 comments:

MacSterS said...

It is very stressful breastfeeding/pumping while working and it is sure nice when the baby takes a bottle so well- it's crazy that this baby is doing everything so different than your others...sleeping, eating, etc. She is a cutie!

Julia said...

Way to make it 2 months! It is such a challenge to breastfeed when there are other kids to take care of! Esp. older ones who will go and do as they please when they know you are tied up. Hearing that she is sleeping through the night has me tempted :)

kristin said...

I'm not really pro breast feeding anyway. I did it with two out of the four kids, and I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed bottle feeding! Especially with Zak. The girls could help out when life got crazy, and Doug could get up in the middle of the night. Which he did! So no worries- your life can get crazy with work and all, so live it up!:)
It is such a no brainer when they sleep through the night. So lucky!

Kimberly said...

I'm glad we could have our little chat on Wednesday. As you know, breastfeeding was not Mason's or my favorite thing...I say good job for wanting to continue giving her the breast milk!!! After 6 months Mason was all formula all the time, and we were both a lot happier!