Sunday, May 24, 2009

I think I can swim...NOT!


The other day, Sean decided to take off Julianna's swimming vest so she can touch the pool floor. I was totally opposed to this because 1) I thought she had a fear of putting her head in the water 2) or she would love it and wouldn't want to wear her vest any more which makes for a very nervous mommy. Well, both happened to be true. There were a couple of dunks of the head in water but to my suprise, she didn't freak out as much as I would have liked. I thought to myself I am going to really watch carefully now. With the vest it gives me a little freedom to roam to the kitchen and look in on them periodically. Now, I am going to have to be the watcher all the time. Sean was with her the whole time watching her.
Yesterday, we were swimming and Julianna refused to put her vest on. I screamed to her and said she has to put her vest on or she could not go swimming. Well, like always she completely ignored me (I do love her but her listening stinks) ran into the pool. She started underwater almost instantly and I could see her fear strike. I jumped in without hesitation and got her. She was crying with regret. I could almost hear her thought process. "Why couldn't I swim? I could the other day. Why didn't I listen to Mommy?" Okay, maybe the last one wasn't from her,but I would like to think that it did cross her mind at least once.
Moral of the Story...(this is for Julianna's benefit later on life as she embarks on life's challenges) Use the things that protect you from harm and most importantly LISTEN TO YOUR MOTHER!!!!!

4 comments:

rebekahmott said...

oh this was a good and funny story!

rebekahmott said...

I should say why I think it is funy, because of what we wished she would have said. It was funny to me because I am not the only MOTHER that has hard of hearing.

kristin said...

"Listen to your mother," how those words ring joyfully within my ears!!!

Jannah said...

Oh... man... I feel this one. On a much more insignificant note, we have recently started letting Callie and Mariah pour their own cereal and milk. No story needed. :) You summed it up rather nicely. ;) HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ELIJAH!!