Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A night of sledding...NOT!

My sister wanted to go to Park City and go sledding, a tradition that they do every year. I was not going to be able to go because of my pregnancy but I was excited to see the excitement in their faces when they get to go. I was more nervous on how to keep myself warm than anything else. Well, we had plans to meet at 6:30 in Park City to Gongoza park. Well, I went on to look up the address and put it in my GPS that I got for Christmas. Well, I put in the wrong address which I didn't know at the time. We ended up going all the way into town. We thought we had plenty of time so I gave Sean a tour of Park City of where I had visited that previous summer. Well, when we got to our location we tried to get the kids in their snow gear to go sledding. Well, that is where the fun began. Elijah didn't want to wear his snow coat. He had a sweatshirt on and since he is a California boy and dosen't know what cold is, he thought that would be warm enough sledding. I knew that would give him no help and tried to explain to him that we were going to do something that would be fun, but he has to wear his coat. Well, the meltdown was not far after this and I was getting short of patience. I didn't know how to solve this problem. I was so stressed. We walked up with Elijah screaming like his arms had been cut off. We realized after this that this was not the place where my sister was and that is where I thought I was going to lose it. When we got back to the car to go to the right place, Elijah was still having a fit and we put him in the back of the car for a time out. Well, Sean forced the tailgate door down right on my HEAD! I have never frlt so much pain. I am suprised I didn't pass out on the ground. So, there you have it, Elijah crying in the car, Mom crying outside and Julianna hightailing it in any direction that dosen't have suprivision. It was horrible. I had a a massive headache and we still had sledding to do. When we got back in the car, we had a hard time connecting with my sisters to find them. I was in the worst mood of my life.
When we finally got to the place it was 7:00 and the place closed at 8:00. It was also packed and we were not able to go because they were too many people. So, we ended up eating pizza and having hot Cocoa in a hut. It was a little challenging to change my mood to distress to happiness, but it wasn't that hard when it came to seeing my family. I had a great time and the kids were happy that they were able to play in the snow. Elijah was able to strip off his coat and that put a smile to his face. I will always remember that night of the Rollercoaster of Emotion!
See how happy he is now. I don't think I liked him very much that night. It was the most challenging he has ever been. But, he is cute.




Trying to shake off the pain of my headache!

Luke and Lindsay having fun in the heat hut. I was happy to see Lindsay. She always is fun to be with.








We had Lindsay and Pat for our present exchange this year so she was opening it up. I got her a bunch of hair care products. What else can a girl ask for.



5 comments:

mattbeatty said...

Sounds like a pretty tragic attempt! Funny how those kid meltdowns affect us parents (big mood-changers), and having physically abusive husbands doesn't help. Just kidding, I'm sure Sean felt terrible. I am pretty klutzy with Amy a lot, and end up hurting her. Forgive us--we're just men. Not everyone can be a woman! Sorry we missed you guys when you were in town. Some people just aren't meant to be together . . .

Lindsay said...

Sledding or not it is always fun being with my Sis'

Glory Watts said...

Kim, I would be crying too if my kids were being little stinkers, it was cold, I was pregnant, and my husband just hit me on the head with the trunk of the car. It would be pretty hard for me to get happy again after that. Luckily your sister worked her charm and you ended up have a good evening!

I hate when things don't turn out how you hope they would!

Kelley said...

KIM! You were right by my house! I wish I knew you were up here!

Amy Beatty said...

Wow. I can't believe Matt is more up on blogs than I am. What is the world coming to? btw, I still have that cold. But it sounds like I didn't miss out on any sledding. I feel so awful that it was such a bad day. At least it ended well with your dear sister.