Friday, December 5, 2008

What a difference a day makes...

For all those who showed concern about my back, I deeply appreciate it. I especially want to say thank you to Will. He picked up Elijah from school because I could not get out of bed and took Jules and Elijah to lunch at their favorite place. Ol' McDonalds. I have such great friends right now in my life. I feel so lucky and it makes me feel at times, "Do I deserve this goodness?" Well, for the first time in my life, I feel like I do. Everyone does. I think friends are what make happiness. I have never been happier despite the craziness the world continues to dish out.
On that note, a huge blessing came into my life today and I wanted to share it because it was something that meant the world to me and I know there will be a day that I will make a book out of the blog entries I create, so I did not want to forget this day. This is the day that all the things that I ever heard about tithing and the blessings that come from it really showed itself to me. I always knew tithing was a true and real principle because the way things always seem to work out financially. I don't even know of the other blessings yet in my life from paying it, but today I know. Heavenly Father knew when we need a life preserver and he threw me one today.
Not to get too personal, but like everyone, we were on pretty tight budget. If you can even call it that. We were strapped to the point of uncomfortable and some major big bills were coming our way. I try really hard to be optismistic, but when you have no idea how you are going to pay for some bills that you have to pay, then things look pretty bleak. Well, today my mom called and asked me if I have checked the mail. I hadn't in the last couple days, but after she said that I practically ran to my mailbox, not really knowing what was in store for me. Well, it was a letter from my Aunt. There was also enclosed a letter from my 92 year old Grandmother wishing me a Merry Christmas. There was a very nice check enclosed which was more than we usually get from her. I was instantly stoked. Well, that was not all. There was another letter from my aunt. While I opened it, a check spilled onto the floor. Instantly my eyes drew to the amount and I was floored. It was a hefty amount that will pretty much take all the stresses of my financial life. Tears streamed down my face as I could not believe that this was happening at this very moment. As I am writing this, I can relive that moment and how at the single moment is when I knew, Heavenly Father knows me. He knows of my struggles and takes care of them when he sees that we have done all we can do. It isn't a fix forever, but at this moment, it feels like forever is way more doable and I can feel like I am not being swallowed alive by the effects of this uncertain economy. I know the sacrifice of my grandparents was pivitol and they made very smart decisions that are blessing the lives of their posterity. I am so thankful for that. My grandfather and I were very close . He passed away a while ago and right now, I wish I can just give him a big hug and tell him thank you from the bottom of my heart for being so smart with his money. I hope that I can learn from this as I raise my family and treat money with respect. It can work for you but it can also work against you. I know both and I hope that I can continue to grow from all of the struggles I have endured so far.
So, I have been truley blessed in my life and feel great about my current situtation. I know Heavenly Father loves me. I feel it when I look at the family I was born into and the family I am making. I have a huge testimony of tithing and know of it's power in our life. It is something I have always known, but today I was an example of the blessings that come from living that principle.

7 comments:

The Fishers said...

What is up with your back? Is it getting any better? I'm so sorry to hear about that.
Love your story too. It gave me chills reading it.
Love you.

Amy Beatty said...

I love this story!! Theres just one thing I can't believe about it. You didn't check your mail box for a couple days? That has never been done at our house. Don't your kids run out there a couple times a day to check it? Anyways, I love you guys and I'm so happy for your great blessing, perfect timing. I think we shall call it the Christmas Miracle!

Kelley said...

What a happy story, Kimmy.

MacSterS said...

I love it when things like that happen to people that deserve it...I am so happy that everything worked out well for you. The man upstairs has your back- a very touching story. Thank you for sharing. I hope your back feels better- if you need anything I am a call and freeway exit away.

Francais Frit said...

Sounds like you didn't need Mike to give his testimony in YW about budgeting/debt today! :) Glad you shared your story. I think I needed a pep talk myself...

kristin said...

How awesome is that! Especially at this time of year. I just think you're amazing anyway! The Lord really does take care of us. What a great experience to have happen to you. Glad you're feeling better!

Glory Watts said...

Um- three things...
1. What's wrong with your back? Did it just 'go out' or something, I am so sorry to hear about that. I can totally relate to being crippled and not being able to take care of the kids.

2.Your pictures....amazing!! I can't wait for the Christmas card. All of you look beautiful!

3.Heavenly Father is so aware of all of our needs. I'm so happy to hear that your family has helped answer your prayers. What a blessing!

love you guys to death!

Glory