Friday, December 26, 2008

My Garage Sale Experiment


This pregnancy has been filled with unexpected twists that I don't think I could have ever predicted. I would never thought in my wildest dreams that I would have the energy to clean out my garage. Our garage has alot of problems. We have let it get completly out of control. I have packed away all the kid clothes and put them in various boxes and Sean puts it up in the rafters never to be found again. I couldn't even find my pregnancy clothes until this day that I decided this HUGE project.
I got up at 7:00, got a banana and went straight to work. It was really easy to get all the stuff down from the rafters, but was a whole other project to sort through it all when it was all done. As you can see. I had much work to do. Since my days of having more children is coming to an end after I have this one, I decided to go through the boy clothes and get rid of most of them since I will not be having one. So, that was a huge task. Also, setting aside my girl clothes for the baby and organizing what I wanted and all. I was in good spirits doing this since I knew that I was accomplishing an important work.
The day was passing quickly and did I mention that I was freezing. I had the full winter gear on. I never really did warm up. Coulndn't I have waited till I it was warmer to go such a project. Anyway, I was knee deep in all this junk that we have collected and at 2:00 I was getting overwhelmed. I wasn't too happy when I came in the house to find my husband taking a nap when he should have been helping me. Another story for another time.
I did give away some clothes to friends and family that I didn't want and that felt good to be able to help someone that needed it. That night, Sean thought it would be benificial to do a garage sale the NEXT DAY! I thought it couldn't be done. Sean and I made up some signs and I thought noone would show up. He put an add on Craigs list and we did a garage sale the next morning. We made 500 Bucks. I couldn't believe it. I didn't think we would have anyone, but we got crazy busy with selling cribs, toddler beds, scrapbook supplies and other misc things that we haven't used. We were so excited that we were able to get rid of these things and make a buck in these trying econmic times. So if you ever do a yard sale, CRAIGS LIST. It makes all the difference in the world. So, now we have some organization to our lives and got rid of some baggage. I feel so light and full of purpose as I get started in the year of 2009! Cheers to me and my nesting pregnancy!

5 comments:

shaleen said...

Nice job Kim!!! I need to do that to my garage. You always seem to get so much done when you are prego, it amazes me.

Hope all is well.

shaleen

Lindsay said...

WOW!!! That is an awesome sale!! SO fun!

Glory Watts said...

Such a good feeling to de-junk and get rid of a bunch of stuff you don't need anymore, and on top of that, make $500 big ones! Yea to nesting is right! Way to go Kim!

The Fishers said...

Wow. That is a great profit. Way to go!!

Amy Beatty said...

Your garage sell was the best one ever!!! Thank you for everything. You would think living in Utah O would have plenty of warm clothes- not true. Everyday oey is sporting one of your sweatshirts. Love you !!