Thursday, December 25, 2008

Home for the Holidays! What a great place to be...



Christmas was great this year. I love being home and being able to do all the traditions that brings my family together. I feel so blessed to have a home, family, friends and children that bring back the magic back to Christmas. It is so fun to be a parent and relive the memories that you had as a child through your own. This year was really fun because both of my little ones really got it this year. They were into the whole Santa thing, but most importantly they understood why we celebrate Christmas. I really tried to emphasize Christ this year and start the tradition of doing more service projects to highlight Christ. I hope I can continue to teach that throughout the year. It is something that you have the earnest desire, but I really have to think about it to make it happen. I do love giving gifts to my children though. This year I stressed about not being able to give more to them, but I am starting to realize that they have such simple pleasures. Santa gave Elijah a bike, but honestly he was way more excited about this flying monkey that flew and made a monkey sound as he went soaring. I tell you, you can never predict what they are going to be more happy about. It was fun to see them open every gift and see the happiness in their faces. Ahhh, Christmas is so great with kids.

Elijah's Big Boy Bike! He is a little short still, but he can ride it like no one's business.

His superhero monkey that he was way more into.

Julianna and her favorite princess movie. It is a sing along which is so cute to see her do.
With her singing, all of a sudden she turned into a princess. The magic that goes with those fairy tales.


The kids big present was a mini bounce house that I can put in the front room. I thought this was a good way to get the winter wiggles out and so Mommy can get dinner ready house. It has been a great treat for friends that have come over. I love it.

We had our good friends the Nielsen's and McDonald's over for dinner. We had all the fixings and had a great time with their kids. We had a little present exchange with them and it was so much fun. We also went and saw a movie. It was a great Christmas!




Abella 2 , Julianna 3, Kylee 2 and Elijah 4! Great Friends!

1 comment:

Francais Frit said...

Dude, love the mini bouncehouse. Wish I had seen that in the stores somewhere. Someone needs to make a fun workout video for kids for their bouncehouses. We did something similar- a mini trampoline. Ended up working great for the parents as well (bounce baby Eme to sleep while watching tv).