Sunday, June 7, 2009

What...A new calling!


I have had a blissful time being unemployed in the church. I don't think I have really gone this long without a calling in my whole married life. I have been in YW each time I have had my other children and I also taught seminary when Jules was less than a year. That was rough but rewarding. Now, I am knocking on a different door. Yes, I am now Enrichment Leader in the Relief Society. Now, I am not sure how I feel about this yet. I have been in leadership roles, but I must say that I am a little stressed about this new change. I am following quite an amazing person. Beth is my predecessor. Anyone who knows her knows that she is efficient and incredibly creative. I mean she is a wedding planner for crying out loud. I feel like I have my work cut out for me in my creativity. I know I have an amazing committee full of fun and wonderful people. I am excited to be with them. I just know that I will need all their help. So, here is to a new change and I am praying it will be just what the Dr. ordered.

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

I am so excited to have you! We'll have good times, our committee is a riot.

I check the Shade blog, that's how I found out about the 25% off the already clearanced stuff.

http://blog.shadeclothing.com/

I needed some short sleeve shirts, and bought several. They don't necessarily have all the sizes in the clearance section though and that stinks when you see such a good deal, you know it will look fabulous on you and you can't buy it because it won't fit right!!!

Ms. Natalie said...

You'll do great!

The Fishers said...

I secretly would love that calling. Call me if you ever want to brain storm!!! You'll do great.

Michelle and Nathan said...

I am thrilled for you. I am missing Beth, but I am happy to know someone so great will be filling the enrichment role. That one is a handfull. Don't worry about doing the same way Beth did. She is amazing but you will be too doing it your way.

Lindsay said...

WOW! How fun! You will do great! And how dare you say you are not creative!! You are SUPER creative. I think this is going to be so much fun for you!

Jodi and Jordan Rowell said...

Congratulations!! I know you will FABULOUS!!! You are so creative and will do such a great job.