Saturday, June 20, 2009

Any man can be a father. It takes someone special to be a dad.


~Author Unknown





As I listen to my beloved husband reading a Elmo book with the voice to match to our children, I can't help to feel so blessed to have made the decision to have a family with him. I knew when I was dating him that he was going to be a great father. First off, he was one of thirteen which automatically puts him in a category of a baby lover. Also, he is loads of childlike fun, which also makes him perfect for a toddler. Knowing these two traits of his personality, I could not wait to start a family with him. He has lived up to every expectation with a few surprises. (didn't think he would be getting my five year old obsessed with video games. Yeah, not too happy about that one!) Overall, he has mastered the gift of fatherhood with incredible ease. I am so thrilled that my children can't wait for him to get home and when he walks through the door, they run into his arms. He is such a fun dad. He is the nickname type. He always has his pet names for his babies. Bucky, Sissy, and Ly! I am extremely thankful for his help everyday when he takes the reigns with the bedtime routine. He has done so much for me and my children and I want him to know how much I love and appreciate him being the man he is. He is my sweetheart and his childrens' hero. I hope he never goes a day without knowing how wonderful a father his is.

Happy Father's Day!









2 comments:

Amy Beatty said...

Lets not forget the other great names, now should we Coco? I'll start with mine- Lamey. Quarter muncher, Goat head, Pooper. The list can really go on and on. Love the photo of him kissing Ly. Seany is a big kid. Thats why we all love him. And we kiss the ground he walks on because he married you!! You two are perfect! xoxoxo

Kimberly said...

Sweet post. I'll have to get to know Sean better. Er, umm...I mean...at all. I don't know that we have ever even said two words to one another!