Monday, June 8, 2009

Remember When...

We just got our video camera fixed. It has been under construction for quite some time and I thought all the video footage that we have had of the kids was going to be an artifact in our home. I was so thrilled when Sean brought it home the other day in full working order. Last night, I thought it would be fun to look through our unmarked tapes and see what treasures we could find. What a treasure we did see. There was so many moments I totally forgot about and seeing Julianna at a year old with her curls (they are long gone) and cute little personality made me realize how old she really is. It was also crazy to see how her personality has not changed at ALL. She was just as spunky at one as she is at three. It was so much fun. I have heard I have made cute kids, but when you are living day to day, you overlook it. Last night, I truly was in love with my kids. The funny things they do at such a young age is so fun. They have a mind of their own and I wouldn't have it any other way.
When I was younger, my parents only got little footage of me when I was a kid. I think the earliest footage of me was at three or so and they have lost every thing. They do not have anything at all. I do not want my kids to say the same thing. It is fun to see yourself younger. While I cleaned today, instead of putting a movie on, I put home videos. They had the best time. I loved to see Elijah's reactions when he saw his younger self. I had to beg him to turn it off. He wanted to watch them all day. I guess I can't blame him. I got lost in the moment when Julianna's birth day was on. I just sat there in awe. How is the time just flying by?

3 comments:

Amy Beatty said...

Oh man, I'm coming over with popcorn. That sounds like the perfect day. I beg Matt to turn ours on, and everyone watches for a moment and then it's just me, video after video. This would be some good bonding time for me and Elijah. Not only do I like to watch ours but I would love to watch everyones, well, everyone that I love that is.

Francais Frit said...

We just recently found some long lost footage of Elliot. I was captive to it as well.

Jodi and Jordan Rowell said...

Some of my fondest memories of us as kids is watching home videos. I am glad that you got your video camera fixed. Go and create more memories.