Sunday, April 3, 2011

My Vices and how to overcome them

I have not been very good about this 30 day blogging challenge.  Every night I think there is something I need to do and for the life of me I can't think about what it is.  Then, I wake up two days later and I realize that I didn't blog.  So, on day 8, it is on short term goals and how I can accomplish them.  So, I think it is only fitting to set my first goal to blog everyday.  I was just peroozing someone else's blog today and she is working on the same thing, but her thing is to blog the everyday happenings of her life and write about it with a picture attached. I love that idea.  I would love to be able to do something along those lines.  So, I will make a goal to blog everyday. 
My second goal is to not spend so much time on Facebook.  It has been such a time sucker and I resent it for that.  I get updates on my phone which really makes this goal a hardship for me.  I make a goal right now to look on FB nightly.  Once a day.  I know.  I feel like it is impossible.  Does anyone have any ideas how to accomplish a hard task such as this,  I need to figure it out.  I feel like if I am not on it, then I miss out on the things I need to know. You would not believe how much of my communication goes on through FB.  It was through FB that I know people's birthdays.  It is through FB that I know when my sweet Mom in law tripped and fell on her face.  It is through FB that I get to record in a matter of seconds sweet mommy moments and get to hear other's moments that helps me so I don't feel so alone in the world.  Dang that Mark Zuckerberg!  You are part genius, part adversary!!
Third and last goal ( I think 3 is a good number so I don't get overwhelmed) is to hmmmm...I don't even remember what I was going to write.  That is so sad.  I had such a good goal, but now it has left me.  Oh yeah, run a 10 K and eat better.  I suck at the latter.  I am needing to figure out how to do it.  So, here is to goals and achieving them.  Cheers!!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I just read through all of your 30 day challenge posts. I am so proud of you for sticking with it! You are awesome and some of those posts made me laugh and others I shook my head at how many things we have in common. I miss you girlie. Keep going on your challenge!

P.S. The blonde Kimberly doll was me.

Christiansen Family said...

I totally agree with the facebook thing. I too have made it a goal to not be on it as much. When I get on it I get stuck and other more important things get neglected. As for the eating healthier I too need to do that. You can do it! I will be your cheerleader!!! :)