Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Disappointment

So, I enrolled my kids in a Montessori school this winter hoping for a change in the way they get educated.  I fell in love with the school at first glance and I was really hoping that my kids would be able to go there this next year.  The only thing is that it is by lottery and if your name does not show up in their hand you have to wait until someone does not want to go there and even then, you are still among many who want it just as much as you do.  This week was the week I have been waiting for since late January.  This is when the lucky find out and the unlucky get rejected.  I am afraid I am in the latter group.  I know that there is still a chance that things can change, but I think it is going to be public school next year for us which sucks!!  I am worried for Julianna this next year for kindergarten.  The teachers are not my favorite choice for her.  Elijah did fine, but they are totally different kids.  I did say that I was going to accept whatever outcome that there was, knowing the Lord knew my children just as much as I do.  He knows what they need.  I have to have faith in that and know that they will be fine that setting.  Dosen't make it easier or less disappointing. 

By the way, this is not part of the 30 day challenge.  This is part of my goal of blogging the everyday events of my life.  Good or bad.  Today was less than stellar. 

2 comments:

Amy Beatty said...

Sorry. That would have been fun - but like you said - things could change, you never know. I do know that Julie will be just fine no matter where she goes. But that is hard when you know they could do better somewhere else.

kristin said...

Come move out by us:) I absolutely LOVE the schools! Lots of rentals.... :D
You're right though Kim. Whatever the outcome will be the right one. My kids get the teachers they need every year. Sometimes I wonder at the get go, but then it becomes clear and most obvious that there is a reason my kids get the teachers they have. And so will Jules. You're a great mom!!! Btw, did you guys move? Are you selling your house? I thought I saw that somewhere:)