Saturday, April 16, 2011

Follow the Prophet

Last night before going to bed, Sean and I were up talking.  He asked me if my next door neighbor, Barbara told me what Julianna said the other day.  That could have been a million things considering Barbara is Julianna's new bestie.  She is about 60 years older, but the connection they share can not be beat.  The other day, Barbara had guests over.  Julianna being the independent child that she is decided to walk over to her house without her mom and dad knowing (I know, really shocking)  She decided to crash the party by bringing up some gospel chat.  Mind you, Barbara is not a member of our church, but has always been very respectful of it.  So the conversation went a little something like this...


J: Barbara, do you follow the prophet??
B: What do you mean??
J:  The Prophet.  Heavenly Father sends prophets down to earth so we can follow them and learn more about him.  Do you know Noah?
B:  Yes, I know Noah.  Tell me more about him.
J:  Noah was a prophet and he was told by Heavenly Father that he needed to build a boat.  He brought all the animals on the boat and when the flood came, he was saved with the animals. 


Needless to say, Barbara was speechless and frankly so was I! 

1 comment:

Amy Beatty said...

Sounds like you guys are doing something right :)