Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Oh, what a night!

For the first time last night, I was praying that I would not have this baby last night. I know it is shocking for someone that is 40 weeks pregnant. I have to say that it had to be the most stressful night for me. My poor little girl came down with her asthmatic cough. Out of nowhere she starts coughing and there is no predictability about it at all. She has no symptoms beforehand and it really sucks when it happens because there is no rest for her. She was weezing and coughing all day and through the night.
Now I have been through this millions of times with her. I know what to do when it comes on. But each and every time, the worry of not knowing if I should take her into the E.R. never seems to leave me. Of course it always seems worse at night because she had been coughing every second from the early evening on. As she has gotten older, her coughing fits are getting harder to fix. They freak me out.
Well, with all this going on, I had a huge dilemma. I was having pretty serious contractions. My plight was do I take my little girl to the E.R. and then go to Labor and Delivery. What do I do? I think the stress of the situation made my contractions more powerful, but the fear of leaving my daughter with some stranger of non family kept me home. I cried tears of frustration and prayed to Heavenly Father that Julianna would be able to get just a little sleep and that I would not have this baby tonight so I can be close to her if she needs me. Well, Heavenly Father answered my prayers. My mom came up in case I did go into labor that she would be here and frankly to my little one is just as good as mom. I am grateful for that because that solved alot of my stress and I was able to go to sleep and so was Julianna. She got much more rest than I thought she would and I got some rest if the big day happened in the next 12 hours. I did contract most of the night but I have had too many close calls that I was not willing to go into the hospital without knowing for sure that I would be actually having this baby. It was a huge relief and I feel much better knowing that I was here if my little girl needed me.
I did murmer last night. I am glad that Heavenly Father saw fit to bless me still. Thank you, thank you and thank you. Now, can I have this baby now?

6 comments:

kristin said...

So glad your prayers were answered! I'll now pray along with you that you'll have your baby!

Francais Frit said...

A nightmare for sure! I know we haved talked about this before- how El has some of the similar coughing episodes- our Doc put him on a low dose of Singulair to see if that helps. We are crossing our fingers- those midnight runs to the ER are the pits. We have our fingers crossed for you and Jul too.

Amy Beatty said...

I wonder if she is going to come on her due date? Glad your mom is with you, hopefully she can stay till the baby comes!

Kimberly said...

Come out, baby! Come out, come out wherever you are!!!

Glory Watts said...

wow Kim, what a night!!! I'm glad your prayers were answered. Just think, you'll be holding a precious little girl in your arms soon! Hang in there sister. Love you tons!

Jodi and Jordan Rowell said...

Did you go to the Doctor's yet and will they induce you? Keep hanging in there!!