Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Ode to the Costco Lady

I must say that there are some people that really know how to treat a pregnant lady of 39 weeks. I was at Costco (my home away from home in a sense) and feeling huge and pretty much uncomfortable beyond words. I was with my 2 children and my mom. Walking by was who I will call the Costco lady or should I call her the Costco Fairy. She looked at me and said, "You are so pretty!" I was stuck with amazement and maybe even a tear that came from my eye. There is no other feeling that hearing a person making you feel the way you should feel. So, I say, thank you Costco Lady. You made my day!

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

Well it's true! We tell you, but I know it doesn't mean as much as a stranger just saying it out of the blue. Yeah for the Costco Fairy! I hope to see you before the new little one comes.

Julia said...

It's probably NOT the one who asked me if all the kids trailing behind me were mine. Ha ha.

Sending you good thoughts :)

Kelley said...

How sweet. Hang in there, Kim. 39 weeks is a tough spot, but what a blessing it is to carry and grow that child in your body.

Saw Marv and Lindsay at Doug's wedding. Wonderful, wonderful people.

Ms. Natalie said...

I am now going to say that to every pregnant person, starting with you...Kim, you ARE beautiful!

kristin said...

How sweet! AND absolutely true!
I'm glad it wasn't like the last Costco lady who talked about pregnancy with your mom. So laughing about that one!
Can't wait to see pics of the baby!
Love ya girlie!

Francais Frit said...

Costco Fairy... love it. She serves us lunch (one bite at a time) when I have dropped the ball.