Sunday, October 19, 2008

Tribute to My Greatest Girls


Last night I was fully taken aback by my two friends, Beth and Jasmine. I have never met such caring, thoughtful people in all my life. They have truly given me the true gift of friendship. I feel so lucky to have them in my life.
Last night I had a date with Sean to go to the Temple. We had planned this early in the week so that we could be prepared when our date night arrived on Saturday night. We were planning to go to dinner at Mikuni ( my favorite sushi bar) , but at last minute decided to go to Chipotle, (my favorite Mexican fast food) . I was fully anticipating a night with my hubby and burritos, as I walked in the restaurant to only be surprised by my two other favorite people, Beth and Jasmine. They were dressed in dresses which was suprising to me and asked them if they were going to the Temple as well. They proceeded to tell me that they were kidnapping me for the night for my birthday. I was so confused. I looked at Sean and wondered if he was o.k. with this. He had a huge smile on his face and said that it was fine and that they had planned this all along. I was touched by so many factors of this event. First, that my hubby would give up a date night to share me with my two friends. Second, that they had planned this so carefully so I wouldn't find out. Thirdly, that they treated me to an awesome night of Filet Mignon and Tunes of the musical "Little Shop of Horrors," which is one of the musicals I grew up with and knew every single tune to. It was so much fun. I always have a great time with them and this night was no exception. I enjoyed it maybe for the simple fact that I may not have this for very much longer. Both Jazzers and Beth are in very transitional times in their life. I don't know how much longer it will be the way it was last night. The three of us have been a tight knit group since early this year and I know that the great things can't last forever. I know they may move on to different places, but the one thing that I pray for is that we will never lose what we have. The easiness of our friendship. The fun things we always do together, dinner at great resturants, yummy yougurt stops, delicious See's treats that I am now addicted to, road trips that leave us laughing so hard our side hurts, and watching our guilty pleasures on T.V. I have never had so much fun in my life and I have these two girls to thank for every minute. I have a promise that no matter where you both end up, I will do my part in keeping us as tight as we are today. I love you both and thank you for your unconditional love and friendship. You are truley the BEST!
Europe 2011!!!!

1 comment:

The Fishers said...

Hey girl!! It sounds like you had so much fun and I am so happy for you. Happy birthday, by the way. When is it? That Sean of yours is a good man to let you go free for a girls' night out.