Sunday, October 12, 2008

FOUR!!!






This was indeed a jam packed day. Julianna had a birthday party in Roseville, so I thought it would be a good opportunity to spend time with our son which doesn't happen very often. It is so weird when you have more than one child, you get so used to life with two. You are wired to have eyes in two different directions. Well, it is so nice to go to one child for an hour or two to experience some one on one time. I thought it was even better that both daddy and mommy were there to enjoy that time. Well, we thought mini golf would be a thing that would be fun to do. Elijah has never been and we thought it would be a good time to try since he seems athletic enough to get it. Well, the first couple of holes were a little rough, but by showing him how to hold the club, he quickly got the hang of it. By the 10 hole, he got a hole in one. You heard me, a HOLE IN ONE!!! I was shocked. Sports is his thing. He picks up everything. I love to see him grow into this independent kid who is bright and eager to learn new things. I am so proud of him. It was truly a great afternoon to be able to focus only on him. I love you, Elijah!

3 comments:

Glory Watts said...

I can't believe he got a hole in one! Mini golf is awesome! I'm so glad you got to spend an afternoon with your little man. love you guys!

Amy Beatty said...

So funny we just took the kids for the first time too. Jarom had been begging for weeks. Jarom also got a hole in one, I'm calling it beginners luck though. Matt and I didn't even get one. It is always so nice to be able to do something special with one kid. I but Elijah felt so good being with his Mommy and Daddy.

Jodi and Jordan Rowell said...

Dang! Maybe you should invest some money into his game and maybe he can be the next white boy Tiger Woods. What cute pictures!