Saturday, October 25, 2008

Downtown Birthday Festivities!


What a fun day Sean and I had on his birthday. I was so excited to be able to do fun things and pull out fun surprises. I don't know what it is with me and surprises. I love to do it. It is almost more fun than getting presents. I said almost.
We had a great day starting off at IHOP for breakfast. It was the one thing we were able to do with the kids. They thought it was pretty cool to have four different syrup choices. Elijah tried the strawberry and blueberry. I have got to give him props for trying new things. He is not one to do that. He is alot like me in that way. He likes what he likes and doesn't try to go outside of that circle. He did go to the good ol' fashioned maple syrup thougth.



After breakfast, we picked up our babysitter and went back home. Sean and I jumped on our bikes and traveled downtown.

It was cool because I kept where we were going a secret until I didn't know where to go. I still didn't tell him the exact location until we arrived at Crocker Museum of Art. I hadn't been to an art museum in forever and I thought it would be a nice change from our usual movie date. Maybe it will make us more intellectual. We need all the help we can get. We spent a couple of hours there and decided our brains were going to explode from all the beauty. We rode all down the streets of Sacramento. We rarely get to tour that area. It is absolutly beautiful there. If I had a ton of money, I would live there in the fab 40's area. It is so Father of the Bride. The houses are picture perfect. Covered with trees and every house is different with so much character.


We passed by the State Capitol and wanted to take a pic of the the both of us. Sean asked some guy and he blatantly denied our request. So we flew solo on our Captiol photos.


We rode up to a resturant called Crepeville. It was a place that one of my clients told me about. It was DELICOUS! I got a chicken pesto crepe and Sean got Salsa crepe. It was really tasty. To top it off, Sean got a dessert crepe with bananas and Nutella. Sean thought he died and went to heaven. I was not into it, but if it made him happy that was what the day was all about.



They only thing that was hard was riding back home with a huge pit in my stomach. I think we rode about 20 miles that day. It was so fun to have a day just for us. I really do like my husband. Without kids and the stresses of work really does do something for our relationship. Not that I would give up either for the fun I had. It just makes you realize that taking those ditch days every once in a while really makes you realize that you do have that love and attraction for your other half. I know Sean enjoyed himself. The one thing I love about my hubby is he freely expresses his gratitude and it really dosen't take much to get it. All I had to do is get on a bike.

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Hey everyone! This is Sean not Kim.Why would Kim leave a comment on her own blog? I just wanted to thank my Beautiful pregnant wife for an awesome birthday treat!I feel lucky to have a sweetheart who cares and who loves to show it. It's a good thing that she likes giving surprises more then receiving them.... For some reason I don't think that is necessarily true. We all know that her b-day is on Tuesday.I have a couple of tricks up my sleeve for this event but If anybody has any swell idea's, please email me @ ssgts@yahoo.com and maybe just maybe we can return the favor to her.
Thanks again for another memorable B-Day!!!
-Eternally Grateful
(Sean)

Carrie and Brandon Petersen said...

Happy Birthday Sean! It sounds like a fun day. I love crepe restaurants... YUM!

Glory Watts said...

Happy late birthday brother!! I thought of you and Amy all that day. How fun that you have such a sweet, beautiful wife that cares so much for you and planned a fun day! Kim, you rode 20miles on a bike pregnant?! You rock! You don't even look prego in your pics. Don't you find out this week what you are having?

Sean, good luck with coco's birthday! I love you guys!

Lindsay said...

WOW! What a day you had planned! That is so fun that you had sean take the day off and did all new things!! I love doing new things, I think it is so exciting! So happy belated birthday Sean and happy birthday Kim!

Amy Beatty said...

Love the pictures!! I am so mad that I just now saw them though. I don't know how I've missed them for so long. I would have loved to give seany a good idea. Kim- your birthday is almost over, so I'm not late in saying Happy Birthday. Matt says I should just call, but it's late and it's your b-day. Would hate to call in the middle of something!! Sean you made my night in your comment about Kim leaving a comment in on her own blog! Sorry I couldn't help you. I'm sure you made her day special. Love you guys and can't wait to see pictures from Kim's birthday!!