Sunday, October 12, 2008

Children's Celebration at Fairytale Town!

Thank goodness for this stroller. I love having something I can lock the kids in when there are millons of others to watch out for. This is a dear friend Abella. Isn't she a doll?
Fun, Free, Fairytale Town


We could not get Jules off the Crooked Mile. When she has a little freedom, she runs wild with it. We are trying to work on that.


I have heard that there is a day that Fairytale town let people in for free, but either I didn't know about it or I just convinced myself that I didn't care enough to go because everyone else would know too and why would you want to go with everyone else in Sacramento. Well, I decided to join the rat race and go on Children's Celebration Day. It was nice that it was free. Everything was free too. So, to have a activity that was free and fun for the kids was an easy win for me. I am not a huge crowd lover. Usually that place is dead and can be pretty uneventful, but not today. It was actually a little stressful trying to keep an eye on your kids making sure that you don't lose them in the crowd. That is the part I hate, but when you see the look of thrill on their faces, it all seems worth it.
I actually have wonderful memories of Fairytale town when I was young. There wasn't many times that we hung out with my grandparents by ourselves, but when we did we would always take a trip to Fairytale town in Oakland. In one of thier rooms, they would have a drawer and we would find the magical keys that you would put in the machine to tell you the nursey rhyme or tale. It was so much fun. I can't believe how old that place is. Some things trannscend through time. I like that I can take my kids there for the same fun and magic.

4 comments:

Glory Watts said...

Wow, Fairytale town, that brings back some memories. We went there a lot when we were little too. Amy, remember you had your birthday there one year? How fun!

Amy Beatty said...

I totally miss that place. Good Memory Glory. I'm glad you guys are going there still. It looks like it is cold there too.

Jodi and Jordan Rowell said...

How fun! I agree, some of my greatest memories with grandma and grandpa in Oakland at Fairyland. I am sure you will create some of your own memories with your kids there.

Jannah said...

I love that picture of jules! The scrunched up nose one! we miss you!