Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Stranger Knows Best!

I was at Costco today with my mom and toddlers. I was at the checkout line when the lady next in line asked me when I was due. I say to myself, " Oh boy, here we go." I told her March and she looked at me and said, "Oh, you look like you are about ready. You look really low."
Ok, I think to myself, " How would this complete stranger know if I was carrying low or high. I have never even seen her a day in my life. Then she proceeds to tell me that her daughters friend is due at the beginning of March doesen't look half as big as I am. My mom starts talking to her about how much she has even noticed how low I have dropped she dropped the whole this is her third and the woman said that the her daughter's friend had never been pregnant before. I am thinking when is this going to end. I am really tired of people looking at me like I am a ticking time bomb. I know in a earlier entry I promised to embrace this pregnancy, but it is becoming harder the closer I get to the end.
I felt contractions 5 minutes apart for about an hour last night and started getting really anxious for all the pain I am going to have to endure. It is one of those things that I put in the back of my mind since I felt like I had all the time in the world and here I am in week 34 and who knows when I am going to pop. It is weird to think that I gave birth to Elijah at 35 weeks. That means if I followed that time line I would be having Lyla next week. I know I am not going to follow the same pattern with this one, but just for the comfort part, I would take it. With every move, I feel like I am lugging around a 15 pound bowling ball. I know that this too will pass and for now, I get to hear about 4 weeks worth of " Wow, you look like you have dropped" from complete strangers. Lucky me. LYLA, COME OUT COME OUT WHERE EVER YOU ARE!

4 comments:

kristin said...

You're so funny!! I could just imagine you standing there while your mom and some perfect stranger sat and talked around you. That is one for Comedy Central!! Hang in there. And I love love love the name Lyla!

Amy Beatty said...

I think she will come early. maybe not as early as buck though. Mom thinks you will have your baby before Merry. It's so hard. You are going to make it though. Just keep writing these blogs, and talking it all out. I love you. I can't wait to see Lyla when she does come. I wonder if she will have those lovely brown eyes. You have the cutest babies. I just can't wait for you. Love you xoxo

erin said...

I totally understand! This last week I've probably had 10 different people, mostly strangers, tell me how huge I am. Whenever I tell them my due date they say, "Oh, but you look like you're ready to pop! Are you really going to get that much bigger?" Thanks!!! I was stuck in line for an hour at the post office with a lady that wouldn't give up on how huge I was!!! Nobody wants to hear that lady. Let's talk about your weight for awhile and see how you like it!

Lindsay said...

Youre having contactions!!! IS THAT NORMAL!!?!?! It must be since you didnt seem to worried about it.