Friday, February 20, 2009

My life in Waiting...



This week I am starting to really appreciate what I have. I haven't had to work to hard this week which I must admit has been quite delightful. I have had time just to slow down and enjoy my life in waiting for the arrival for my baby. I have been extremely tired so I have my nap time around 2 p.m. and it is my favorite time of the day. I go into a pregnancy coma and it sometimes hard to come out of it. My kids have been such troopers about it. I, of course, put a movie in for them during this time and they watch without making a mess and it is so nice to know that they are self sufficient. A funny thing that Elijah said yesterday in the car as we were approaching home, I told him and Jules that I was going to put a movie in so Mommy can take a nap. I asked him why Mommy was so tired and he said, " The baby makes mommy really tired so you have to take a nap everyday." I guess I say that a lot.
He has been really acting much more independent. He has always been a bed wetter and I finally signed myself to a life of buying him diapers. Well, that is all it took to finally wake up dry. He is always so proud of himself when he wakes up without wetting his bed and I am thrilled to say the least. He gets ready all by himself for school and that has been wonderful. I guess that is going to be the one thing that I feel like having a baby won't be so hard when you have a kid that is not so dependent on you to take care of their every move. I have taken nap time out of the day and I find myself really liking the new schedule. They wear themselves out throughtout the day and are tucked in by 7:30. I must say that is the best because Sean and I have more time together which is becoming more essential for me to get through the day.
I realize how much I love the man I chose to share my life with. He has suprised me in so many ways. He keeps things fresh and I find myself really falling in love with him all over again. I think that is the most interesting thing about marriage. It is a revolving door of emotions. One day you love them and the next you can't even look at them. All I know is that I am having a good moment and when I say moment, that is exactly what I mean. I am hoping that moments will turn into hours which in turn into days and weeks. He just got called into Elders Quorum and I see a change in him. He is taking this calling very seriously which I love and respect.
I have been spending alot of time with my dear friends lately and nothing is making this time go by faster than having those movie and girl nights. I realize how much I crave my talks and fun times that I share with them. I am so lucky to have them in my life. They are true friends and that is hard to come across.
So, I am enjoying my calm before the Storm as my friend Jazzers stated today which I thought was appropriate. I am going to enjoy all the good things that bring me happiness right now because when this baby comes I think I will have to read this to remind me that I have alot to be thankful for.

5 comments:

kristin said...

I love what you said about marriage being a "revolving door of emotions." That is such a great phrase, because it truly is. Thank heavens our kids get older and can take care of themselves (in most things.)
Glad to hear that you're slowing down and the kids are being awesome for you. Sometimes I think Heavenly Father throws us small bones, things that we sometimes don't recognize.
Can't wait to see pics of the new one!!! And congrats Sean for your new calling- you'll be great!!

Amy Beatty said...

I love when you write posts like this, you just let us all in to you and your world( as grandma Eileen would say). I'm glad you are feeling such peace and joy. You sound just so happy and full of love for everyone and everything around you. I think thats how our heavenly father always wants us to feel. Where you just see the good in people and enjoy the simple pleasures of naps and dry pants. It is very hard though when the pants are wet and you miss your nap. It's funny how little things can really bring us down. I hate when I get real snappy with my little babies, makes me feel even worse. It's a sad day when we forget how truly blessed we are. I love you Kim. And I love you and your honey and little ones. but of course you already know that. xoxoxoxo

The Fishers said...

That baby better not come before the 7th. I desprately need my hair did. I know, I know, so selfish... but I hate going to someone else!!! Love your new perspective.

Jodi and Jordan Rowell said...

It sounds like life is treating you well and that you and Sean are doing good. I am so happy for you and I am glad that you have nap time as well as alone time with the people that matter most to you. Love you!!

valerie said...

hey you! I love reading your posts...they often encourage me. I am so thankful to have you in my life...you are the best! Can't wait for your little one to come..having three kids is great! love you lots!