Saturday, February 21, 2009


I had the best date with Sean tonight. I found out that Joseph was playing at a nearby high school and I had to go. I went over ten years ago with my sister and loved every minute of it. I have been a big fan of the music and lately I have had an itch to see it again. Well, the funny thing is once I put it out there in the universe, low and behold it was playing and I had to go. So, we went during our co-op and I was on cloud nine the whole time. The cool thing was that it was put on by a musical theater group of young high school kids. Actually the guy who played Joseph was 15! I couldn't believe how good he was. It was amazing how talented they all were. Sean had never seen it and I know that he went in thinking that it was going to be an amateur performance, but I looked at him during the play and saw genuine enjoyment written all across his face. That is one thing about Sean that I love is that he loves musicals as much as I do. So, we had a great time and I am on cloud 9 with the music of Joseph ringing in my ears.

5 comments:

Glory Watts said...

I love that musical too! In fact, I was in that musical when I was in high school (part of the chorus of course) I did get to do a number where I danced with Joseph though.
Good for you guys to get out and support the local high school theatre. love ya!

How's that baby doing?

Jodi and Jordan Rowell said...

I am soooo jealous!! I love that play. Did you come with me when we saw the osmond boy that was on American Idol? He was fabulous!! Well, I am glad that you guys got to go and enjoy the incredible music.

mattbeatty said...

Awesome Kim! I know each of these songs, and can still sing all of the colors (red and yellow and green and brown . . .); my brother Mikie was in this play at least three different times when he was younger, so I ended up going a lot.

Sounds like it was a lot of fun!

Marissa said...

Hey, look who I found! I was reading Natalie's blog and found you! Cool! Are you all ready to be a mommy of 3? Good luck with everything.

Jannah said...

Kim. I loved reading your entries (especially the happy moment one). I called and left a message. I decided to resort to the blog for an offical Smith update. I love you and enjoy keeping in touch through your blog. Justin