Sunday, August 3, 2008

Luxiourous Getaway

Park City 2008






I feel so blessed that I was able to runaway to Park City with my girlfriends. It was wonderful to get an uninterrupted nights sleep with late wake up call in the morning. To go to ice cream at a moments notice not to worry about who is going to take care of the kiddies. There were many volleyball games in the pool played and card games to master. We bonded in the gospel as we entered the House of the Lord and observed the history of our most glorious gospel. We enjoyed being pampered with salt and lotions to feel like silk when the day was through. It was most wonderful to stay up late chatting with your friends and never running out of things to say. It did starting catching up to me though. It was the fourth night of going to bed late when I actually fell asleep awake and started talking when I was in my dream. Never had that happen to me before. I will never forget the fun and drama that can come from 12 women living in close quarters. I wouldn't change it for the world. Here are some memories that I will hold near and dear to my heart.Main Street Gondola in Downtown Park City. My Partner in Crime, Beth!
The Fabulous Four! Tina, Beth, Myself and Diane. Oh, the fun we had!
Too bad it is the summer Olympics this year. We totally would be down for the winter.


Alpine Slides in Park City


We were able to do a session in Salt Lake and see the sites around the Square. That was one of the hightlights of the week.


While we were in S.L., I was able to have dinner with my sisters, Jodi and Lindsay. We had a long time at the restaurant to catch up because the Stampin Up Convention was in town and all of them decided to go to the Olive Garden to eat just as we had. It was good to catch up with them.

All in all, I had a memorable time with lots of inside jokes and friendships built and strengthened. I am thankful for loving family and friends that took great care of my kids so I didn't have to worry about them while I was gone. I love you Mom, Sean and Rebekah! You are the best. If it weren't for you, I know I wouldn't have had this opportunity.

Here's to Park City!

2 comments:

Glory Watts said...

Lucky you! You totally deserved it. I dream of trips like that, where I can just hang out with my girlfriends, talking all hours of the night, eating good food and being pampered...you must have felt like a new woman after that trip. Are those your friends from school? It's great that you could get with your sisters too! love you! BTW, I'm coming the 15th of this month for the weekend for my 10 year reunion, I want to see you guys!

Amy Beatty said...

What a fun trip. I was thinking we should try and do a Smith girls weekend or mini trip. What do you say? Theres enough of us to have a blast. I'm glad you had such a great time. love you