Tuesday, August 12, 2008

"Mommy, I want a breathing treatment!"


Oh, the weekend I have had. I don't know if I have cried as many tears as I have this past weekend. My poor Julianna has always had a respiratory issue. When she was younger, she got RSV twice and always had a weeze in her breath. Everytime I would take her anywhere, people would ask if she was ok. I always had to tell them that it was just her and that there was nothing I could do. Well. in the last couple of months. she has gradually gotten worse. I had to get her a nebulizer with the medicine Abuturol to her with her croupy coughs. Well, she had to take it one step further. She woke up late Saturday night struggling to breath. If you could have heard her. It was so scary. I had never heard her sound like that. I gave her a breathing treatment two times that night. I thought for sure when I put her back to sleep that would be the last time I would see her alive. I stayed up all night worrying about her and her condition. What was a mother to do. I prayed a lot that night for strength and the inspiration to know what to do for her. I thought of a blessing would at least give me the peace of mind that I needed to figure out what to do next. So, Sunday morning, Julianna received her first official blessing of health. It made me feel better and she seemed chipper enough to go to church. I was emotionally exhausted at church and times couldn't hold back my tears. That whole day was tiring and the breathing was still shallow in Julianna, but she has improved dramatically since that terrifying night that I hope dosen't repeat itself often.I am glad that Julianna is a good sport about her breathing treatment. This morning she was crying and asking for a breathing treatment. It was a little pathetic, but I am glad she knows what makes her feel and breathe better.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

That is the saddest thing ever kim!!!! I just want to be there and hold her...i guess its my motherly instincts coming out. But I am so glad that the breathing treatment works even though it looks scary. Send her my love.

Carrie and Brandon Petersen said...

That is so scary! I'm glad that she is doing better. :)

Glory Watts said...

It's always hardest to be a mom when you don't feel well or your child is not well. I'm sorry that poor Julianna has to go through that and that so do you, how scary! We love you guys, I'm glad she got a blessing and is doing better!

Amy Beatty said...

What a heartbreaking blog. I didn't know my little julie bug had breathing problems. I feel like a bad aunt. That night sounded awful. I can't imagine how scary that would be for you. I'm so glad seany gave her a blessing and she seems to be doing better. Please kept us updated. love you xoxo

kristin said...

Oh my gosh! I knew she had some respiratory problems, but this is so sad! Thank heaven for modern medicine! Andon had a breathing treatment once and it is no picnic. Poor baby!! She's just the cutest thing and I hate to see her sick. Hang in there Kim! You're a great mom and you'll know what she needs when she needs it. Just keep up those priesthood blessings cause that's really what's going to be the most help. Keep updating! Love you guys!