Friday, August 22, 2008

My Poor Swollen Elijah

Just when you think one kid is healthy, another child wants to join in the make Mommy scared to death parade. Elijah was dealing with some major cheek pain and I had no idea what was going on. I thought maybe a toothache or an ear infection. All I knew was that he was in total pain. The other night, we were eating dinner and Sean was looking at Elijah noticing how swollen he was. I didn't even notice until he pointed it out. I freaked as day to day as his face took on a whole new shape. I took him to the doctor to find he had a lymphoid infection. WHAT! I had no idea that you can get an infection like that. We received a pretty serious antibiotic to treat him and he was as good as new in a couple of days. I don't know how much more of this I can take. My mom reminded me that I will have to take a lot more with another one on the way. WHAT HAVE I DONE! I know this is my job as a mother, but it sure is hard.

3 comments:

The Fishers said...

Poor Eli. That is the worst when kids are sick. I have the hardest time with that and that alone makes me pause on having more... Okay. Maybe not THAT alone, but that's one of the things. I'm glad he's better

Lindsay said...

how sad!!!! Poor little Eli.

Amy Beatty said...

Poor buck. I hope you guys have good insurance. And I'm glad that you caught that when you did and it was nothing more serious. Happy to hear he is doing better.