Sunday, August 17, 2008

Our Weekend Getaway


Anyone who knows me knows that I am not a natural camper. I have struggled with that my whole marriage with Sean because he LOVES it and he always wants to go. I kick and scream the whole time, from the packing all the way to the destination spot. I always think I am going to be in the middle of nowhere and something is going to happen or I will just have a horrible time. Well, this time was no exception. We had made plans to go camping with our dear friends Will and Beth. Well, the week we were about to go, the stuff with Julianna was going on and I was feeling anxious about going. I thought it would be very unsafe to go in the middle of nowhere with her breathing and it did not make me excited about going. I told Sean I didn't want to go, but he didn't take that lying down. Thursday came around and Julianna seemed to be doing tons better, so I felt that it was my turn to oblige my camp starved husband. So, we packed the car up and headed out of the 102 heat of Sacramento and drove to the coast of California. Once the temperature dropped about 40 degrees, my mood started to change and I got excited for the weekend adventure of traveling to a new destination. It was so fun. It was great to be near the beach, even though if we put our swimming gear on we would have died of hypothermia. It was fun to explore and be with our great friends, Will, Beth, Rayna and Claudio who were all amazing with my children. They took such great care of them and in a way was a vacation from being a full time camping mom. I am so glad we went and experienced it. Here are some photos of our Weekend Getaway!

6 comments:

Carrie and Brandon Petersen said...

That looked so fun but cold. I love camping. Since I work EVERY Saturday we don't get to go much. But oh well what can you do. :)

The Fishers said...

You are so much braver than I. Looks like you had fun!!!

Ms. Natalie said...

The picture of the 4 of you is so cute!!! I love it! well i should say 5 of you :D

Amy Beatty said...

Fun. I bet your kids loved every moment of it. I miss the beach.

Yo said...

i love the picture of your family- it is perfect!! you guys are great, thanks for sharing so much. i hope Julianna is feeling better! she is the cutest little girl EVER.

Aramie Judd Christopherson said...

That picture of you guys is so good. I'm not a natural born camper either. The only time I've ever been a giant spider crawled into my shoe and I screamed until Joey came and killed it.