Thursday, July 10, 2008

We didn't start the fire...


It seems that California is going down in flames. There has been really bad fires surrounding our area for a couple of weeks. I really have not enjoyed this summer for the fact is that we have had to stay in the house and it is July! There is nothing good about staying in the house when it is hot outside. I think that should be a punishment in some countries. Staying in the house with your energetic, crazy toddlers who just want to swim, but you can't because they will have smoke in their lungs and cause horrible side effects. Last night, Julianna had a really stuffy nose because she was swimming in the pool. It was a terrible night and I was so frustrated that it was all because of the fires. It doesn't seem right that we can't spend all day in the pool. What is a mom to do. At least with rain, they understand why they can't go outside. They just don't see the smoke or even seem to mind it. It is really hard. SO all I can do is take them to the gym, so they are not completely homebound. I just hope there is an end to all the fires. I do feel bad for all those homes that are being threatened. My prayers go out to them.

1 comment:

Jodi and Jordan Rowell said...

You are doing an awesome job on your blog. I love reading about all the stuff you are doing. Sorry you have to stay in the house and not be able to go outside. I guess you could move to Utah and enjoy the clean crisp air of the promise land. HAHAHA!