Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Potty Time!


I thought I would give a little update on how Julianna was doing on the potty. I can honestly say I never thought Potty Training would be this easy. I struggled so much with Elijah. He would never tell me when he had to go, so I had to nag him to death to get him to go. I would bribe him with treats and it would be such a huge investment of my time. I would take every accident as a personal failure and many times I would cry to him, asking why this was so hard for him. I drove myself absolutely crazy with it all. Well, I am not struggling any more. Julianna tells me when she needs to go or she just walks into the bathroom and sits there and POOF! She does her duty and then she is done. I feel so relieved that I haven't been enemies with her at this time. It has almost bonded us closer together. It sounds funny, but it is one of those things that you feel like you have risen above this and you see a light. No more DIAPERS!!! I feel so great. It really has made my mood so much greater this past week. So, I know by the time I get back from my trip next week, it will hopefully be ingrained never to have another accident and use the potty every time. YIPPPEEE!

2 comments:

Carrie and Brandon Petersen said...

I'm way far from potty training.. But I really hope it goes as well as this. Thats great. I hope you have fun in Park City. I love Park City and it would be fun if you made a trip to Lagoon... Its no Six Flags but it is still fun :) How fun to get away with some girl friends.

Jodi and Jordan Rowell said...

You suck! It isn't fair that you get a girl to potty train and I have to train another boy. AHHHHH! But, I am happy things worked out so well and were easy for you.