Thursday, October 14, 2010

Change

Julianna out of the blue today said, " Why do things have to change??" I was confused and asked her what she meant. She then went on to say that we have no baby anymore and daddy is home. Why do things have to change. I didn't really know what to say in response to that. All I could really say that I don't know why things change, but that there is a reason for everything and we just have to deal with the changes when they come.
I have been told by a few people that writing things down during this time is really important, so that you can go back and see how these times even though they are hard, you can see the blessings that do come to you through others. I have made it a goal to do that and even though I know a select few read my blog, I am doing it more for my benefit because one day I will make my blog into a book. These will be my thoughts although personal but necessary. I never want to forget what these days will mean to me or my children later on.
I am so thankful for my friends and family. You never know how much you are loved until something happens. I feel the love of my Savior through the people in my life. The other night, my RS president wrote on my FB wall before she knew anything and told me that she was thinking about me and was thinking I must be going through some things and that she felt impressed to tell me of the love of the Savior for me. That to me is amazing. First, that she had no idea what I was going through and how close to the spirit she is. It is such a testimony to me when things happen like that. I feel the prayers of all my loved ones as I am extremely calm during such an unsure time. As many know me, I am not a calm person. It is almost unreal how today I didn't have one sad thought.
I am loving having Sean home. When I told the kids that Daddy does not have a job right now, the first thing that Elijah said was, "SWEET! Now he can play with me!!" Through my tears, I had to smile and think about his unemployment in their eyes. Daddy has time to play! I made a decision right then and there to make the most of his time at home. I am going to play with my hubby. Go on bike rides, go to the store and so much more. I am going to use every moment to the fullest and realize that this time is going to be precious. He has been quite the busy bee since he has been home. He cleaned out the garage, sold our elliptical machine on Craigslist, and manicured the front yard . No bon bons and soap oprahs for him. He just goes right to work. Did I mention I love having him at home!!

2 comments:

kristin said...

I am just catching up on the reading of my favorite blogs and I read about what you've been going through. Good heavens! Your attitude though is inspiring Kim. I particularly loved what you said in the post below this one. You're choosing to make this a positive and not dwell on the negative. I really do hope things turn around for the better and soon! I love you my friend!!

Kimberly said...

I loved his FB status yesterday: "Laid off and loving life." I'm glad you guys are making the best of it.

If it weren't for the need of money, [necessary evil] we could have our hubby's home all of the time! Willis and I joke often about how we need to win the lottery! Too bad we don't gamble. ;)