Monday, March 28, 2011

Smithsonian


Day two of my 30 day challenge. 
The Meaning of my Blog Name

Well, I just removed recently my title to my blog to replace it with my family picture.  The title of my blog has been Smithsonian.  As you can see from this picture, the Smithsonian is a collection of museums that reside mostly in Washington DC.  Did you know that there is 19 facilities including a zoo that are all part of the Smithsonian?  I actually just learned that and I have had this blog name as long as I have had my blog. 
I am not the one that came up with my title. Sean is the brilliant one that came up with this name.  I thought it was fitting considering that this museum contains history on so many different levels.  It has loads of facts and stories on how things became to be.  I feel like it is only fitting that my blog be a record of the history of our little Smith Family. 
Family history is so important.  How many times have I gone back to a previous post to remember a certain date or something funny my daughter said.  I think about the pioneers and all the journals they kept.   If they did not, we wouldn't know half of what we know about the trials but most importantly their testimonies.  I have always been a scrapbooker.  The other night I was going through the scrapbooks from Junior High all the way through college.  I am so grateful I saw a need for that kind of record keeping at such a young age.  Although I don't have time to do all that now, but the blog keeps me thinking about my day to day happenings,  I know that this day in age, we are lucky to have things on the internet that keeps us documenting the days of our lives.  I hope the history I am keeping will be just as important to my ancestors as the Smithsonian is to the people who walk it's walls. 

No comments: