Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Beware of the snake in the path...

Tonight we witnessed a miracle. We went on an evening stroll on the river trail with Sean's parents and the kids. The kids being active strolled quite a bit ahead of us old people. Well, Elijah saw a "toy snake" laying on the path. Julianna and Elijah bent down to touch it and were about to pick it up when all of a sudden SSSSSSSSSS and ran my kids right out of there. It coiled and kids were shrieking with terror! I couldn't believe my kids almost picked up a rattlesnake. It happened so fast that I didn't even seem phased. The kids were absolutely terrified.
The really cute thing is that Julianna wanted to take her mini Book of Mormon with her on the walk. She was holding her at the time of the attack and is now convinced that it protected her from the bite of a snake. It was a great testimony builder. It is after all the armor which protects us from danger, even a snake on the trail.
On a serious note, I do believe that my children were protected by Heavenly Father. They were so close to getting bit and to think that this could have been a fatal walk gives me the chills. Beware of the Snake that layeth in the path.

1 comment:

Who That Be That Is said...

That is such a scary/cute story. I dont know how those two go together but they do!