Sunday, August 23, 2009

Happy Birthday, Dear Sister!!!

I hate that I can't be there for your birthday. I hate that the simple pleasures of just being able to get you something that is in your state that they don't even have here in Cali is taken away from me. So, Lindsay was sweet enough to get you what I really wanted to do get myself. So, for your birthday, I want to pay tribute to you, Sister!

Reasons why I love Jodi



You are the ultimate storyteller! You have people's attention from the very first word and keep them engaged while laughing throughout. I always love hearing the Jodi version of every story.





One of my fondest memories of our time together was when
mom would send me off to Ricks to get some sense knocked into me. In those long drives to and from the airport, I would get filled to the brim with wonderful pieces of advice from you and it meant more to me than anything. I truly believe that those moments were the building of the foundation of our friendship. I will never forget those times.


From the days of borrowing your clothes to now, I have always been in awe of your incredible taste of all things. You have always been an incredible interior decorator. The video of us around Christmas time when asked what you wanted for Christmas when we were younger, you asked for your colors to be done so you can decorate according to the seasons that matched your personality. You have a beautiful home now and always know what looks good.



Not only do you have an AMAZING voice, but you got me started on some of my earliest bands that I still adore. Erasure, Madonna, George Micheal and Belinda Carlise to name a few. I still hear certain songs and think about where I was when I first heard it and most of the time it was with you.







Whenever I come to town or when we go on vacation, you always know the hot spots to hit. You always do your research and we always have a blast. You are full of fun and new experiences.





I love this game and you are the reason why. You not only introduced me to this great game but you are the only one that I can play games with in our family. It is always a blast to visit and be able to spend our nights when the kids go to bed and play games into the wee hours of the night. It is so much fun!



Jodi, I am so thankful that you are my sister. There are so many memories that have you in them. You have been such an example to me and I am grateful that that I have you in my life! I hope you have a great birthday and I LOVE YOU!

3 comments:

Amy Beatty said...

Happy Birthday Jodi!!! you guys are so cute, nothing better than a sister!

Lindsay said...

I can't wait until MY birthday. hahhah Just kidding I wont hold you to it. I know who your favorite it. hahhah JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!

Jodi and Jordan Rowell said...

That is one of the sweetest things anyone has every done for me. I really am so fortunate to have you as my sister and how much you add to my life. I love you with all my heart and I think the world of you. Thank you again for bringing a huge smile to my face on my birthday.