Sunday, August 30, 2009

the best thing since sliced bread is...

FREE BREAD 4 ONE YEAR


What I do for bread?? I stay up all night in front of the best bread store in town to get me a full years worth, that's what!

Last week, my bargain hunter buddy called me and told me that my favorite place to eat, Boudin's was opening up a store in the Fountains and is offering the first 100 people that enter in it's doors and year's supply of sourdough bread. Now, if any of you know me, my favorite place to eat is Boudin's for their sourdough bread bowls and clam chowder. I can actually live only eating bread if it meant I never see it in my waistline. So, when she told me that we can camp out and stay overnight to ensure that we can get a little piece of that, I was in. So, that is exactly what we did. It was a priceless experience I only hope I can experience again. Jazzer's went to check out our competition at 10:00 am and saw 30 people that camped out the night before. She acted fast. She took her place in line and stayed there ALL day till I could get there after work. She even had Lyla in tow because she was watching my kids that day and was going to take them to Wacky Tacky. So, her hubby took the older kids as she sat there patiently with Lyla on her lap. I couldn't get there until 6 pm. By the time I got there, there were so many people with sleeping bags, tents, and chairs all around the building. It was a sight. We got to get to know our neighbors pretty well as we played games with them and it was a blast.
Boudin's came out and gave us free sandwiches and chips, water, cookies and other samples of their delicious bread. I was in heaven. By night fall, I was still so hyped that I couldn't sleep. There were people snoring all around me which made it impossible to sleep even a wink. My neighbor woke up around 3 am and I was still looking dazed because I knew this was going to be a long night. I asked him if he wanted to learn a new game, "Ticket to Ride" and he said yes. So, there we sat on the sidewalk playing games while everyone slept around us. The night sped up after that and by 5:30 they started to pass out our numbers to hold our spot in line. I was 33! It was just a waiting game after that. As time drew closer to 9:00am , people gathered around the front door to play a game of throw the sourdough loaf in basket toss. Then, we all lined up in numerical order and recieved our bread with the staff giving us high fives and screaming of our victory. It was fun, hialrious and worth every wink I didn't sleep. I have already received 8 loaves this week and it has been WONDERFUL! I am so glad I did it and hope Boudin's gets going on another store and hopefully before I run out of coupons! Thank you Boudin's and Jasmine for being on top of all the great things going on!






These pictures were taken after no sleep the night before, but look how happy we all look knowing we are only a couple hours away from our free bread for a YEAR! 365 loaves, YEAH BABY!

Jasmine, Jessica, Megan and myself!

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

Awesome story! I love that you brought Ticket to Ride with you!!! Classic!

Lindsay said...

That is the coolest thing ever! I would have totally done that for bread! Way to go!

Nena said...

Thats awesome kim glad you had fun

Francais Frit said...

hahaha
you must be really good at getting ready for those day after thanksgiving sales as well.

Julia said...

That's amazing! Bread for a year!!! I'm seriously missing the California sourdough out here. It's bland and mushy. I'll be thinking of you every time I pass it up in the store.

Ms. Natalie said...

Sharing? hahaha