Saturday, January 31, 2009

No Oprah for you!


I was dozing off during what I thought was nap time for my children. I was on the couch watching Oprah because I knew I wouldn't miss much if I fell asleep. The show was about overweight teens and the intervention to get all their issues out on the table. It was sad to see all these kids have so much baggage at such a young age. Well, I was barely reaching sleep when I heard a voice of my 4 year old. With a concerned and worried voice, he stated, " Mom, I am really sad because I am fat."
Okay, enough Oprah for you. I turned the channel quickly to American Tail. Then I shook my head and headed to sleepy town.

3 comments:

Ms. Natalie said...

Sean would applaud you, he can't stand her. haha

Amy Beatty said...

WOW. I can't believe how aware our little kiddos are. He is the furthest thing from fat, he is one strapping young boy. Miss you xo

kristin said...

That's so funny! Though it is so scary at what our children pick up.
By the way, when I read your blog it's like the polka dots are moving right and left. Maybe I'm just tired :)