Thursday, April 16, 2009

Let it begin...

Today was the beginning of the end for me. I have been bragging how easy my transition has been since I have moved into a family of three kids. Well, today was a little dicey. I wanted to spend time with my kids outside since the weather was so gorgeous. I planted flowers and decided that we should go to the park. The kids can get exercise and I can be outside. It is a win win. Well, it turned out to be a lose lose and lose big.
I had the kids ride the bikes while I had Lyla in the snugglie. Well, I told Elijah to stop at the end of the street. Well, of course he went off fast and for some reason, Jules got really upset that I let Elijah went first so she threw one of her famous fits and didn't want to ride her bike. So, I am standing there, while Elijah darted off nowhere to be seen, I am trying to convince Julianna to ride fast so I can get Elijah. She would not budge and by now I was convinced Elijah had made it to the park by now. I was getting stressed and didn't know what to do. I decided that I had to do something drastic. I took Jules to the house and locked her in as I had to go get Elijah. I was so freaked that I had to leave her by herself while I walked as fast as I could to the park to retrieve the son who didn't listen to me. I was imagining to myself all the horrible things that could happen to him. I had just watched the memorial of Sandra Cantu on T.V. and was feeling very nerved about it. I just felt so frusterated. I finally got to the park with Elijah standing there. I was so mad. I made him go home and he was crying the whole time. It took me a good hour to calm down. I came home to Julianna waiting at the door with a doughnut smashed on her face. I was glad she was safe, but frusterated that she robbed me a day at the park. Why is it when you are trying to do something nice for the kids they sabotage you.
The one highlight of the day is when I put them on timeout in their seperate places, Julianna fell asleep and Elijah came into my bed and all my children took a nap for 2 hours. TWO HOURS OF BLISSFUL SLEEP WITH ALL MY KIDS. Never have I been so mad to so happy. Life was good there. Also, Sean came home to make us hamburgers. Life turned out to be pretty good. There is a silver lining.

1 comment:

erin said...

Oh dear, what a rough day! I'm glad it ended with naps and hamburgers!