Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday and life with Lyla...

If you were to ask me when I was pregnant what I was scared of most of having another baby it would be being outnumbered by my children and not having an ounce of control left. Well, two weeks into being outnumbered have passed and miraculously I haven't felt that. I feel totally in control of my life and still in some moments of the day I feel control of my children. I am relishing in the moments that are my life and I feel very blessed that I have the life I have.

Lyla has been such a great baby. She is calm and easy to soothe. I find myself looking at her and feeling that I have reversed my life 3 years when I had Julianna. She looks so much like her that I feel like I have to force my tongue to say Lyla and not Julianna. I love holding her and I seem to not want to put her down.



Talk about Daddy's girl. I have seen Sean go GOO GOO but he is crazy for Lyla. It is really sweet to see him interact with her. We both know this is it for us, but to see Sean into her the way he is makes my heart swoon. I am grateful that he came from a huge family. They are all baby crazy and it is nice to take a baby in that enviornment. They are held in the highest regard. Kind of like royalty.

Easter Sunday at the Smith Home

This season has brought us beautiful weather and a beautiful baby. I am grateful for this Easter season and the sacrifice of the Savior. I know that my heart is full of new beginnings and I pray that I am able to show my children what a blessing it is to have the gospel in our lives. As I taught my children about Jesus's resurrection and what a blessing it is to be able to have that blessing bestowed to us, I realized the importance of it and the role that it plays in each of our lives.

4 comments:

The Petty Family said...

You look GREAT!! Congratulation on your BEAUTIFUL little Lyla!!! You think my little Dallin looks big. I can't believe how big your kids are getting. And now you have another one! Are you SO proud of yourself? Because I'm proud of you :) I guess we're stronger that we thought ;)
Hey, we're coming to visit for a couple of weeks in mid July. I'd LOVE to see you and meet Lyla. Man, Rachel will have a new addition to her family be then too. I HATE being this far away!!

Martha said...

Great Easter photos. I'm so happy for you life is so wonderful and fulfilling. Being a mom is where it's at. xo

Ms. Natalie said...

She's so tiny, I need to see her!

Jannah said...

So what I have 'learned' is this: God wants us to have children so we understand that we HAVE NO control. Period. We don't. He blesses us with whatever we need to remember we are totally out of control of our lives and utterly dependent on Him! All this works we do to get our lives together... teaches us the process... but the end... the peace and blessings come from HIM... in His time. In summary... expect to loose control VERY soon in a VERY real way. Like... plan on going mental. :)