Thursday, September 11, 2008

Lance Armstrong in the Making!


What an exciting day this was. Actually, it started last night when I was in Mutual. Elijah got the courage to try to ride his bike without training wheels. He has been so fearful of even trying which I can understand. He did not want to fall which I knew would happen. It kind of goes with
the territory. I knew that once he had a successful try that is all it would take. Well, Sean somehow got him to try and it was like MAGIC! He just up and went. I was so sad that I missed that little moment of success in my son's life. I wanted to recreate the moment so I could see it. So, the next day I video taped it so I can feel like I was there and you could all see as well. Look below for the the video footage. I also got a bail in there as well. Poor guy. He was tough.
I thought it was time to get Julianna a bike, so she could be like her brother. I thought I didn't have much time left of good weather, so we went to Walmart to purchase her a bike that would be a perfect fit. Well, for those who know me know that I have a very hard time going to Walmart. The one we have here is so GHETTO! I hate it. You get every brand of people there and you never know what kind of drama there. About a year ago, I witnessed a domestic disbute in the parking lot in front of my car. The sad thing is that they had their son with them as they are screaming horrible things at each other and getting down right abusive. That is the quality people we get at our local establishment of Walmart. Well, today was no exception. I figured I would be in and out. I knew what bike I wanted. I was going to have Julianna try it out to see if she was able to operate it and ride it or if she would stall every 5 minutes. Well, the sales associate got the bike down for me. He watched Julianna ride up and down the isle. As she was getting comfortable with it, a stranger came up to the guy who helped me and was asking about something. Well, Julianna was riding towards her and accidentally ran into her toe. I felt horrible and appologized instantly, moving Julianna away from her. She said it was ok and she left. Well, that I thought was the end of it. Oh, it so wasn't. From afar, this woman was cooking up a scene. She started to get another sales person on the floor telling them that she has to work on this foot and that she was serevely wounded. She had a person come up to me and tell me that Julianna should get off the bike. I did that right away, again thinking that was the end of the issue. Well, it was then that she asked for a manager so she could file a complaint against us. My blood was boiling. I was thinking this woman is trying to sue me for getting a stubbed toe from a 2 year old. I was trying to leave the scene, when she was trying to keep me there. I just left. The Walmart people knew what she was up to and was trying to get us to leave so we could not give them personal information. That was all I wanted to do in the first place. So, I bought the bike and took it out to the car, when lo and behold the PSYCHO happened to be parked across from me. I thought what are the chances. She started to harass me saying that one day that I would get my toe ran over. I responded that I think I will live through it and then she said she was going to get the cops on my a__! For what? I have no idea. I really tried to keep it together, but it was very hard to be a peacemaker when you keep turning the other cheek, to still have them in your face. Anyway, it all turned out. My beautiful daughter was thrilled to get her bike and I told her if she ever saw that woman in the street to run over more than her toe.



3 comments:

Ms. Natalie said...

you know Kim, you really should have been more sympathetic towards the women. Getting your toe run over is a very traumatic experience and I'm sure she will never be able to have a normal life again. I can't believe you just blew her off like that. I'm very disappointed in you Kimberly. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. love you

Amy Beatty said...

I can't believe your luck. That is about the most insane thing I have ever heard. Wish I was there to witness it. Sorry, I take some pleasure in others pain. Not yours of course, the crazy, mad weirdo. I have a hard time thinking that that woman was for real. It's beyond me how those people minds work/ I have no idea how many times my kids have done something like that and worse. I'm glad you got out of there without her following you home. scary.

Lindsay said...

WOWOWOWOOWOWOWOOW HE DID IT!! WAY TO GO ELI!!!