Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Elijah's SIX!














It was a day filled with wet weather, emotion and craziness! It started off with cupcakes and a car accident. If you want details, you are going to have to ask me, but I fear writing it in the blog will sear it in my memory forever and I am not sure I want to last that long. The weather was crazy wet and I was not thrilled since we had planned a Barbecue for later on in the evening. But overall, it was a good day celebrating Shrek Style. My friend Amy made the amazing cake and I braved taking 8 of Elijah's friends to see Shrek. The movie was hilarious and the kids were amazing. I think Elijah enjoyed having friends to take with him and I was impressed by the calibur of his friends. They all listened well and were nice to each other. We had dinner with all the parents after at our house and enjoyed hamburgers which is Elijah's favorite! It is hard to believe that he is six now. It is going to take me a little while to get used to it.
I am really proud of Elijah and all he is becoming to be. He is righteous and smart. Just the other day he told a friend that he was going to serve a two year mission before he becomes a ninja as his full time occupation. I chuckled to hear such devotion, but most importantly that it is in his plans to be a missionary. I love him so much and look forward to all the days we have to see him become the man we know we will be proud of!! We love you, Elijah!!

1 comment:

rebekahmott said...

Nolan and Max had a great time, you really know how to throw a party!! It was so nice to see you again to.