Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Twightlight??


Ok, I might get stoned for this, but I was not impressed with Twighlight. I went to the 12:00 showing with all the 13 year olds. I felt pretty old. It was a good thing that I had my sis with me and my trusty friend Beth. So, here we are 30 somethings freezing our butts off outside the movie theatre with a thousands and I mean thousands of high school girls. I know the experience was a once in a lifetime because I knew in my heart that I will never see a movie at that hour again. Nothing is more important than my much needed sleep. I payed for that lack of sleep days after. I am getting old people. There is no denying it and nor do I want to. I wish I had the delusions again like all these girls I saw this movie with. It didn't matter how poorly the movie was made. Just as long as it had a boy and a girl and they were in love, it made for my favorite movie. Well, I guess my expectations have risen since thirteen and thankfully so. I know most of you loved it because you are loyal fans of the books. Let's just hope that the millions that they made off the first one they can afford to send the actors to acting school and have a new special effects crew for the next three that I know will be approaching us in the upcoming years. Wow, I such a critic!
I must say though I had a blast with my Sis who came to visit and endure the pain with me and my dear lovely friend Beth who was a shining bud of enthusiam until the movie started. Within minutes she looks at me and says, " I am not impressed!" You can only endure so much positivity.

3 comments:

kristin said...

I'm so laughing!!! I liked the movie, but unless you've read the book I think you'd be lost. Just too much stuff to try to cram into a TWO hour movie. But I still liked the chemistry between Bella and Edward. Beauty is subjective however. I just felt like the plot wasn't given enough time to run before it was on to the next big part of the book. Did you catch stephanie mayer at the bar with her laptop?

Carrie and Brandon Petersen said...

I really liked the movie... But I did go in the morning where there wasn't crazy teenage mob... Plus I had low expectations. I really don't like seeing movies with teenagers...

Glory Watts said...

I didn't love it either, but I did enjoy it! I agree with kristin, it's hard to cram a whole book's worth of information in a two hour movie, and yes, it looked pretty cheaply made. Hopefully the next movie won't have such a low budjet. I also think I enjoyed it more because I went with my Honey and it wasen't packed at all! Just a bunch of couples just like us, I don't even think I saw a teenage girl under 18, that could have helped with the experiance.
btw, you look adorable!! Such a little tight tummy!