Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Holiday Fun

There is nothing better than the holidays when you have a week off from your everyday life and be able to do things that are out of the ordinary. I love when family comes to town and I am able to go with them to do things that I don't get a chance to do very often. My little sister came to town which was treat. I don't get a chance to see her all that much, so I was so excited to have her and her hubby come for turkey day. We played a little Rock Band and it was pretty hilarious to watch them all rock out the holiday. Especially my dad. He just sat there and played his guitar without a whole lot of expression. That is my dad. It takes quite a bit to get any sort of emotion out of him. We had fun. We also had Sean's parents come which I know is a rare event. They didn't have as many kids visit home, so we were happy to have them with us because I really don't think that will happen that often.
I am so thankful this year like probably so many others. I have a home I can reside in my my beautiful family. I have healthy children ( well 50% of the time) and they bring so much joy into my life. I have a wonderful husband who treats me good and a baby on the way. I know I am loved by many and I feel so grateful for the gospel. It has given me so much joy as I continue to learn of the atonement and how it works in my life. I am grateful for all the callings I have had in the church because they have been the instrument to bring so many people into my life that I know I would have never met otherwise. I am grateful for my friends who are always there for me and for the ones I am reconnecting with. I am so grateful for my mom who comes and give me and my children the best care in the world. I am so lucky to have her. I depend on her and she has never let me down. I am eternally grateful for all the gifts that the Lord has given me and I hope I never take them for granted.

2 comments:

Amy Beatty said...

That was priceless. I love you Kim!!

Lindsay said...

YEAH!! What a fun trip! It was a blast. What I would give to be back there again.