Sunday, August 22, 2010

I kicked it on Half Dome!



What an AMAZING weekend I was able to have! I HIKED TO HALF DOME AND WAS THE FIRST ONE ON TOP OUT OF MY SEVEN HIKING BUDDIES! It was the most challenging but rewarding thing I have done(besides having a marriage and 3 children). I am so thankful that I had the opportunity to do this with the people that I did it with. I met 7 amazing new friends that I hope to always have in my life after this weekend.


The courageous crew!
Kristina, Dawna, Ari, Barbara, Dave, Sophie, and Lori
Forever Friends!



About to head up the Mistrail! Feeling good and ready to climb!



3/4 done and haven't hit my wall yet!! Look at that view!!

This was a little scary but I tried not to think about what I was about to do! If I did, I might have turned around!



Right before this picture was taken, I had experienced a mini panic attack. It was so daunting to me. I made it all the way to this point and was not sure if I could do the cables. I said a prayer in my heart and forged ahead. It was really scary to climb these things, but was grateful to Jillian Micheals for preparing my arms for the hardest upper body workout! This picture does not do the cables justice, but it gives you an idea what I had to climb! INTENSE is all I have to say!


WE MADE IT! 4 1/2 HOURS! Still alive which to me was the true miracle!! Now I just have to get my guts together for the hike down!


Can you see me? I am the one sitting down because there was no way that I could have gotten any closer than this! What a great shot. I had no idea that it would look this cool!


The sweetest girls! Sophie and Lori. I love these girls!

The whole group reunited!


We were so lucky to be able to witness the renewal of vowes for Dave and Barbara! We found this make shift alter which was perfect for the occasion! Sweet moments shared!




Tired and exhilarated from our day! Half Dome was right behind us! We were there only hours before!! YEAHHHHH! We did it!

4 comments:

kristin said...

4 1/2 hours- you rock!!! I'm planning on climbing next year and now I'm going to use your time as the time to beat. you're amazing!!!

Glory Watts said...

Now you know why people wear the shirts, "I made it to the Top!" Because it is quite the accomplishment! No one would know though until they've done it themselves. Now you know! You Did it!! I'm jealous! That is my all time favorite hike! How cool that you could do it with a bunch of fun girls. You look awesome too by the way. You are Defenitely shredded!! ;)

shaleen said...

Awesome Kim!! You look amazing and so so fit! Keep it up so I can catch the bug. Got to get ride of this baby fat!!!!

Kimberly said...

I am so proud of you. And Jillian Michaels would be proud of those buff arms! You look very fit (and of course, my post pregnant self is VERY jealous!)