Sunday, September 13, 2009

Girl's Weekend on Steroids!



I was able to go to LA with my buddies to do the 5K fun run at Disneyland. I was so excited to go because I had been training and getting back in shape since I had Lyla. I ran last year before I got pregnant, so I wanted to beat my time which was 35 minutes. I was so stoked when I ran it in 31 minutes and 20 seconds. I was so proud of myself. I am feeling like I want to prepare myself for a 10K. It is just so fun to run with a bunch of people. It keeps your mind off of the actual running part. We were able to go to Disneyland on Friday which without kids was a great deal. I hadn't been on Screaming California since before Elijah, so that was a blast. We actually had to beg Sharday to go on it because she is a little scared of roller coasters. She took it like a champ and it was her favorite ride. It was so much fun to hang with my girls. When is the next trip??









































6 comments:

Kimberly said...

How come Beth isn't in any pics? Was she sleeping?!

Francais Frit said...

I love all you big dorks. 10K Run to Feed the hungry, eh?

Julia said...

That's so awesome. Combining Disney and a race is like the best idea since the creation. Looks like you had fun :)

Cheralyn said...

Hey you - good for you! There's a half marathon in Disneyland that I think would be really fun.
ps- I read the bread story- that is awesome you got bread for a whole year! See ya - Cher :)

Lindsay said...

How fun! I am so proud of you for running so FAST! That is amazing!

Glory Watts said...

What the Heck Kimberly? You are freak'n awesome!! I'm so proud of you. Good for you for taking care of yourself in more ways than one. I couldn't agree more, running with friends helps keep your mind off the actual running. If there was such a thing as cheating on a run, that's the way to do it. I miss you and love you tons!