Saturday, June 12, 2010

Blue Marlins!

What a day! I was so nervous and excited to see the kids in their first official swim meet that took place at Hagen! I didn't really know what to expect, but was anxious to see how they did in a race sort of setting. I didn't have Sean to help out which was at times stressful since I had a toddler, but overall it went really well. Julianna raced first and I had no idea how she was going to react and frankly I don't think she did either. She jumped in and instantly freaked herself out. I was at the other end and my heart went out to her. Her and I are so similar when it comes to trying these new things out. I sometimes just want to give up when it gets hard and to see her crying all by herself in the water and me not wanting to take her out and go home. A coach went in after her and she looked ahead and saw me. I looked right in her eyes and shouted that she can do it and to push forward. She responded quickly and finished the rest of the way. I was so proud of her pushing her own limits and my heart was full of pride for not giving up. She has matured and I am so excited to see how this whole experience made her a little more mature. She had to race 2 more times after that and it took some bribing with Target dollar bins and ice cream to get her even in the water, but she did it and I was so happy for her. She is turning out to be amazing and I am happy to call her daughter.
Now, Elijah was made for this. In just the short time he has been swimming, he did so well. Not phased at all with the races, he did not stop for anything on his freestyle. He had great form and I am confident he is just going to get better. He has played some other sports but this was truly exciting. He was so impressive and I feel that there is a bright future in the Blue Marlins for my boy!
I didn't think this Swim life was going to be for me, but I got the fever of the Blue Marlins!

2 comments:

Amy Beatty said...

I wish I was there, I wish sean was there too. So sad he had to miss it. I'm so proud of julie bug. I can't imagine crying in the pool and still be able to finish, what a brave girl. Maybe Elijah can teach me how to freestyle. I'm thinking of putting the kids in next year, not really for the races but to become better swimmers. We are in swim lessons right now and just like last year and the year before they learn NOTHING! Love you guys xoxo hope your honey comes home soon and takes over so you can sit back and relax.

MacSterS said...

Oh my goodness- Julianna looks like a little woman in her swimsuit and Elijah in his teamware...how cute- so fun to see them with their skills!